Friday 5 August 2016

Chapter 7 ( 5 verses)


CHAPTER SEVEN

जनक उवाच
Janaka spoke

{I AM EQUAL AND STAY TRANQUIL}

मय्यनन्तमहाम्भोधौ विश्वपोत इतस्ततः
भ्रमति स्वान्तवातेन ममास्त्यसहिष्णुता ॥७-१॥

I am the endless stretch of ocean.
The ship of Vishva floats on me,
moves all over from here to there and there to here,
blown by the inner storm (of mind).
In no way it disturbs my inner calmness.

(How can a tiny ship floating on the ship disturb the calmness of the huge ocean?
How can the ‘perceived world’ disturb me, the enormous ocean of knowledge?)

मय्यनन्तमहाम्भोधौ जगद्वीचिः स्वभावतः।
उदेतु वास्तमायातु मे वृद्धिर्न क्षतिः ॥७-२॥

I am the endless stretch of ocean.
Let the world-wave rise or fall as my own nature.
Nothing increases or decreases in me.

(I am the essence of all Knowledge. Some tiny portion of that Knowledge appears as the world I see. It never affects my completeness in any way.)

मय्यनन्तमहाम्भोधौ विश्वं नाम विकल्पना
अतिशान्तो निराकार एतदेवाहमाथितः ॥७-३॥

I am the endless stretch of ocean.
The world is just a refined imagination.
I am always in complete tranquil-state; formless; and remain as that only.

नात्मा भावेषु नो भावस्त​त्रानन्ते निरञ्जने
इत्यसक्तोऽस्पृहः शान्त​ एतदेवाहमास्थितः ॥७-४॥

Aatman is not inside the objects. Objects are not in the taintless, endless Aatman.
Therefore, I am not attracted to anything; and have no desires.
I am quiet; and remain as that only.

(I am not the ego connected to all objects; nor are they mine in any way as my belongings. I am all that shines and am not different from them.
Ocean is not attracted by the waves; so also I am not attracted by the waves.)


अहो चिन्मात्रमेवाहं इन्द्रजालोपमं जगत्
इति मम कथं कुत्र हेयोपादेयकल्पना ॥७-५॥

I am just the pure Knowledge-consciousness alone.
This world is just an illusion as if of a sorcerer.
When I am like this,

where is the place for the imagination of something to be rejected or accepted?

No comments:

Post a Comment